Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Terrible Twos...

My son has hit them, hard. Every response is "no," and yet, when we tell him "no," his response is to collapse and scream. I wonder if we should try the same thing on him...

I don't get ESPN, so I usually can't watch Monday Night Football unless I go to a bar. I'm so glad I stayed home last night. It could have been the worst game of all time. I was glad Seattle pitched the shutout though, even though it meant I had to lose to my own brother in fantasy football. NBC is hosting a Player Eliminator Game (PEG) that I participate in each week. Basically, you get to build your own fantasy team each week, but you can only use each player in the league once. Last night I had Seattle's Defense against the Raiders, who gave up 9 sacks (1 point each), didn't score (10 points), and were held under 200 yards (10 points). I moved up 39 spots, to 50th overall in the nation (2nd in Massachusetts). I win a HD TV if I finish in the top 5.

In other news, the rumors about Studio 60 appear to be true. It gets better each week (with Heroes getting worse), and yet, they are still going to cancel it. I sent them a letter advising them to cancel Friday Night Lights instead, and put Studio 60 in that slot. I really tried to like it, but it just sucks. The plot never advances. It's like Veronica Mars, only less interesting.

2 comments:

SUE said...

Ha...you actually SHOULD scream and collapse on the floor. My Mom did exactly that to quell temper tantrums in me as a kid. I had a friend who got away with murder using the "kicking and screaming" tactic...so I decided to use the same thing back home when I didn't get my way. My Mom got down on the ground flailing, kicking and screaming to show me how ridiculous it looked and I never really did it again. Mom 1, Sue 0.

Jen said...

Thomas will probably have a real awakening once his brother arrives.
If you do try the kicking and screaming, may I request that I am present for such an event? Oh, and can you do it in public too? It'd be like the "I am not the moose" joke, but better.