Thursday, March 01, 2007

Effective Advertising

Reagan's war on drugs was one of the worst miscalculations in the history of the anti-drug crusades. The money was a waste, and the anti-drug commercials that came out of the 80s were laughable then, and the subject of parody now.

TheTruth.com is changing that. Every ad I've seen from them has been a home run in my book. They don't specifically try to target children, which is smart. It has made all the ads more universal as a result. This one is running now, and I think its my favorite so far:



Any of you have favorite advertisements that you feel are particularly effective? Send me a you tube link and I'll put it up below.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Would those be the "This is your brain on drugs" fried egg commercials?

Anonymous said...

That's really, really effective.

And catchy.