Monday, April 16, 2007

Updates on where the hell I've been

Starting a business is fun. And by "fun," I really mean "not fun." Thankfully, I have faith it will get better.

Signs overhanging the front and side doors, as well as one that will be on the side of the building out on the main street have been created.

Phone lines will be installed today.

Clothing and props have been purchased.

A 20-page business plan has been written.

Lawyers have gone to battle of lease terms.

The website will be functional this week (keep checking www.marbleheadvintagephotography.com).

Frame samples have been ordered.

Newspapers have been contacted.

Insurance, business and personal, has been purchased.

Ad spots have been purchased.

Partnerships have been formed.

I'm sick as a dog, probably from stress and long hours. And hemorrhaging money. Grand opening, complete with Mayor and Ribbon Cutting are May 4th at 5:30 PM. Wine and cheese will be provided. If any of you live in the Boston area, you're certainly welcome. I should be selling already in a week and a half though.

Nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Wishing you all the best!!
If I lived in your area, I'd use ya!!!


Hope May 4th turns out to be all you hope it will

Anonymous said...

Can i just clarify? If we don't live in the Boston Area, we are not invited?

Ben said...

Hugo, if you got the money and the means to get here, I'd love to see ya. Especially if you've got some scratch leftover to buy something.