Thursday, November 02, 2006

Bones stanked like a corpse

I sure hope this wasn't the week that Justin finally listened to my pleas to give the show a fair shake. You'd think after a couple weeks off (thanks Baseball), they could write something decent. No dice. This was as watchable as Veronica Mars in college.

Thankfully, Earl looks hilarious tonight. I expect tonight to be the best episode so far this season.

In other news, has anyone been following Men in Trees? I know I pimped it a few times, but I had no comments. As far as romantic comedy goes, it's pretty good. That said, it's the only romantic comedy I watch.

3 comments:

Persico said...

I disagree with your opinion on Bones this week.

Especially the ending. You can't beat any movie or show that ends with a Grant Lee Phillips song. It made me slightly teary eyed.

Then I watched Standoff and bawled like a baby.

(But that could be because of the whole dead family thing.)

Ben said...

I dunno, between the goofy child star theme and the awkward love connection (which they thankfully killed), I thought it was mucho lame.

The music is pretty good. I think Bones replaced Judging Amy for me--the music was spectacular for that as well.

I gave up on Standoff. The female lead just bores me to tears. I actually have been catching Friday Night Lights instead. It's really that bad.

Anonymous said...

Ben, you watch a lot of TV. I just can't find anything worth giving two shits about. You know, besides Prisonbreak.

Still going strong, yo.