Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What I'm Watching Tonight

Starting at 8pm, I'll watch Bones...although each time feels closer to the last time than the first. Thanks to the amazing powers of Tivo, I'll also get a chance to take a look at Knight Rider until October 3rd. I'm curious, more than anything, but I don't expect much. I already know it doesn't stand a chance once Pushing Daisies returns October 3rd. Unless Bones takes an unprecedented, cataclysmic fall from grace (which I'm sad to say isn't totally outside the realm of possibility).

At 9pm, I'll tune in to David Blaine's Dive of Death. Sorry, I'm totally kidding. There's absolutely no chance I'll watch that. Although I do hope he dies. Unfortunately, like all of his stunts, I don't think he's in any actual danger at any point. I wish I could punch that guy and tell him he only imagined it.

In reality, Wednesdays from 9-9:30 are a sad state of affairs this year. There's nothing remotely original. At 9:30, I'll tune in for Do Not Disturb. As I mentioned before, the second episode redeemed the terrible first episode. Hopefully it develops some consistency.

Wednesday has been traditionally decent, but it looks like slip pickin's this year. I guess the good news is I get to go to bed at 10:00.

Thursday had the best lineup of the week last year: Earl, Office, Scrubs, 30 Rock. That more or less remained in tact, with the exception of Scrubs. From Wikipedia:

The season concluded on May 8, 2008, ending the series' run on NBC. The series is slated to return during the 2008-2009 television season as a mid-season replacement on ABC.


Anyone else not know what that means? Does it mean ABC has another season in the can, and plan on replacing it when something gets canceled? What if nothing gets canceled? For the moment, it's being replaced by Kath & Kim, which is supposed to be funny and edgy in Australia. We'll see how it translates.

Also crowbarred in there is SNL Thursday Night Live...as spin off of Saturday Night Live. If this sounds like the worst idea ever to you as well, raise your hand. I thought spin offs were based on shows with high ratings?

That's enough for now. I'll post Friday through Sunday on....uhh, Friday.

1 comment:

EJL said...

tonight I will be Criminal Mind's bitch.