Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The 2012 Wish List

I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything from my 2009 Wish List (I didn't bother with one for 2010 and 2011). Since I have no more readers, it seems unlikely that anything will come of this list either, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to have it out there, if nothing else so I can keep track of what I want.

I've decided I really, really want to start reading in my free time again. This will both be good for me, and good for my marriage, as it will mean less time on the computer (a constant sore spot for my wife). So look for the list to contain more books than usual this year.

Think you know a gift or book I might enjoy? Drop it in my suggestion box, or the comments of this post. On to the list:

1) Hope: A Tragedy, by Shalom Auslander (thanks NPR, for introducing me to this guy)

2) Foreskin's Lament, by Shalom Auslander (Best. Title. Ever.)

3) My War: Killing Time in Iraq, by Colby Buzzell

4) A playstation 3


5) An iPad 2
An iPad 3
6) A Turtles Don't Like Peanut Butter Tee-Shirt, XXL
7) Blog Updates weekly from An Online Petition for Jennifer Love Hewitt.
8) Diablo III for PC
9) X-COM: Enemy Unknown for PC

10) For the Relief of Unbearable Urges, by Nathan Englander


11) Beware of God: Stories by Shalom Auslander

12) Salmon of a Doubt by Douglas Adams
13) Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams
14) Wish You Were Here: The Official Biography of Douglas Adams by Nick Webb
15) Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
16) Everything Is Going to Kill Everybody: The Terrifyingly Real Ways the World Wants You Dead by Robert Brockway
17) The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
18) No One is Here Except All of Us by Ramona Ausubel

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

I can recommend stuff I read..not sure it's up to your standards.ha..
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss..and the second of the series The Old Man's Fear.
Stephen King's new book is probably the best thing he ever wrote.
11/22/63.