Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Good News, Everyone!

I'll keep saying that until every time you read it, you see professor Farnsworth from Futurama in your head.

That said, there really is good news. According to site meter, I get a fair amount of traffic from all over the world. I'm not quite sure why they think I have anything interesting to say, but welcome!

I've added a new feature at the bottom of the right column to help accomodate the visitors that do not speak english as their primary language.

It's called Babel Fish, by Alta Vista. Click your flag, and it will open a very bad translation of my page. Bad translations are better than no translations, right? Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool. Hopefully, the person in Spain that keeps dropping by will think so too. Oh, and as an added bonus, my Canadian following can now read in French, if they prefer.

9 comments:

Robert said...

I can't wait until you're a world famous blogger so I can say I was reading you back before anyone knew who you were. Then I can start bitching about how you've sold out and gone mainstream and you aren't edgey enough anymore, blah blah blah! It's gonna be awesome!

Zander said...

Don't remember how I found your blog, but you now have a faithful reader in Australia. Then again I'm from the northeast U.S., so don't go getting too full of yourself thinking you're all global and shit.

Ben said...

World famous would be good. If people would start clicking on my ad, that would be better. If I ever get a million hits a day, and 500 ad clicks or so, I might be able to quit my job and just spew my senseless banter instead. I can dream, right?

Welcome from australia! Always happy to have a faithful reader, even if they wont benefit from the new (crappy) translation page because your a former american...and live in a country where they speak english anyway.

D. said...

I love the crappy translations - translating it back into English is even more incomprehensible. I'm stealing this idea for my page...

Anonymous said...

Translator this good erbphga flwao some asdc English porklint jorpwig

Ben said...

Coming soon: Translations for comments. I'm not quite sure what 'porklint' is, but it sounds pretty gross.

Jen said...

I wonder if its a relative of scrapple.
MMmmm.... pork. How's Deb?

Nicole said...

Maybe porklint comes from pigs bellybuttons.....????

Riona said...

Prarie:

Freaking hilarious.

Trying to stifle the giggles here at work.