Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Heroes on NBC

I'm a little excited about this show this fall. It's interesting. I mean, aside from the slightly cliche and annoying title (which apparently doesn't consider the female heroines), it's a decent premise for a show. It reminds me of a piece of crap that got cancelled back in the 80s that I loved. I forget the name, but it was about 4 main characters. The male character had some cool power over lightning, but bad things happened when he touched water. I forget what the other characters did.

Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?


UPDATE: I found the show on www.imdb.com. First, here is the plot. Second, I'd like to say that perhaps the show isn't nearly as awesome as I remember it. I was only 8 at the time. It was more than likely a steaming pile of crap. Without further adieu:

Plot Summary for
Misfits of Science (1985) (TV)

Drs. Hayes and Lincoln are researchers in biological oddities for the Humanidyne company. When they find a man still alive after being frozen for 50 years, their greedy boss fires them and takes the Iceman to use for military experiments. Left without jobs, Hayes and Lincoln decide to get a group of "freaks" (including a telekinetic 17-year-old and a rock guitarist who shoots lightning from his hands) together to rescue the Iceman and stop their boss' reckless experiments.

9 comments:

Zander said...

Not quite sure what show you're talking about, but others that come to mind are "My Secret Identity" starring Jerry O'Connell, and a show I believe was called "Out Of This World" about a girl named Evie whose dad was an alien and could freeze time, etc. Man I loved that show.

Ben said...

Other news of note:

The 17-year-old telekinetic juvenile delinquent? Courtney Cox. Hey, she had to be somewhere before 'Friends.'

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. How could you possibly go wrong with a telekinetic 17-year-old and a rock guitarist who shoots lightning from his hands?

Maritza said...

Oh my, I remember that show thinking, "What a dumb ass show" and then being slowly sucked into its mindless grip. You at least had the excuse of only being 8, I was - let's just say alot older than 8!

PS..
I would much rather look like Tony Danza and H. Clinton's love child than Kevin Kline and Eduard Shervarduze (or however you spell it!)

Nicole said...

Ben I actually do remember this show too, only because I thought one of the actors was hot at the time.
Can't remember who was all in it, but there WAS someone who caught my eye. So, if you come up with other actors names, I can tell you who was on my TO DO list back in the day.....
Read other comments, and was intrigued by the Danza\Clinton comment so went snooping.
You are too cute to come from that BUT hell, Hil.....she could do alot worse then Tony! good for her { hypoth.}

Anonymous said...

Heroes is going to be a hit, no doubt about it. Check out the trailers and other media at www.heroes-tv.com!

Jaek said...

I used to dig that show, too.

I have seen a couple of the trailers for Heroes and it looks to have potential. I kind of hope that handle it more along the lines of "Unbreakable". I think the hero aspect would be better if it were more subtle and not so campy like old-school Hulk or Spidey.

EJL said...

check out your link...credits transferred.

EJL said...

I agree Ben. That is why I almost ALWAYS visit those who visit me. It is only fair. Plus, I like to engage debate...and isn't the purpose of blogging to reach out and learn things about different people, or just read the sick shit some people post!!!

I am a little excited about this Heros show too.... I like it when the chick throws herself off the bridge and says, "That was my sixth attempt" aaaah!