Hate cannot be fought with more hate. On this day, consider the words of the late, great, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr...
- "Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
- "Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true."
- "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
- "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
- "Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."
As we continue to kill terrorists, we also continue to kill innocent people caught in the middle. Every time we do, their fathers, their brothers, their sons and daughters, and their friends find a reason to be inspired and join the cause against America. There is no end to this means.
God said to love your neighbor. He never said it would be easy.