Some of you may not realize how ridiculously awesome and cutting edge this show was. It's no wonder the Wayans Brothers have no trouble finding work, even if they suck now.
Anyway, it's encouraged me to slap together a quick list of the greatest sketch characters of all time. No particular order, but In Living Color definitely controls a good portion of the list. Feel free to add your own, if anyone still reads this shit.
- Homey D. Clown (ILC)
- Fire Marshal Bill (ILC)
- Silky Johnson (Chappelle)
- Tyrone Biggums (Chappelle)
- Darill (Kids in the Hall)
- Tracy Ullman in general
- Chicken Lady (Kids)
- The Brothers Brothers (ILC)
- Wanda (Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey)
- Handi Man (ILC)--I've seen few sketches more inappropriate.
- Land Shark
- Nat X
- Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood (thanks Dave)