Sunday, January 28, 2007

Adventures in YouTube

Like the iPod, another technology that I never really got into was YouTube. I get annoyed when looking through libraries without knowing what I'm looking for.

Today, I'll probably become a YouTube addict. I discovered they have preserved the "Terrible" Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, advertisements. Kudos to the Reebok advertising team. In an age of boring, confusing, and/or downright stupid advertising, they hit a home run with their male demographic. Have a look folks, these never get old.

Original Vintage Terry:



Terry Takes a Vacation:



Terry Tate, Draft Day:



Terry Tate at Sensitivity Training:



Terry Tate and the Streaker:





4 comments:

justin said...

Those ads are terrific. The guy who directed them also made the movie Dodgeball which is way better than it should be. One thing though, these are commercials, so technically it didn't take you too long to get back to television.

Ben said...

Eh, it's a technicality. I prefer to think of YouTube as it's own separate media that I've largely ignored until now.

Also, since these are 4 minute spots (by in large), you get to see about 3-3 1/2 minutes of missed footage.

Tisha! said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E! especially "Sensitivity Training" what a scream! I don't remember ever seeinng them on TV so it was so cool to watch them here Ben, thanks!

Ben said...

If the real office environment were like this, I might not be so inclined to be an entrepreneur...

Glad you enjoyed it!